November 15, 2006

Out of India

With all the buzz surrounding my appearance in the paper, I had to get out of India for a couple of days. Actually, I have ADP (Accenture Development Partnerships) training on Thursday and Friday in Bangkok, so I'm spending a few extra days. I arrived very weary at 6am thanks to an "overnight" flight that should never be called overnight because it's only 4 hours. In any case, it seems that life in India has changed me a bit. I didn't prepare for this trip at all. I just printed out my flight and hotel information and headed to the airport. I didn't look at a map of Bangkok to see where I was staying. I didn't even know the US Dollar - Thai Baht exchange rate. I guess I feel that after living in India for 5 weeks, I can do almost anything.

While I was a bit sad to leave Delhi, now that I'm gone I'm realizing all the good things about going away. First, it's actually quieter and cleaner here. When I first visited Thailand last year, I never would have imagined saying this. Second, there's a bathtub! I haven't seen one of these in over a month, so I am going to take full advantage of it. Third, I love Thai food. And fourth, shopping. If there's one place that can compare with India when it comes to shopping, it's Thailand.

And now it's nap time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have fun in Bangkok...can't wait to see you in 3 short weeks. - Chimer