November 28, 2006

Don't You Want to Visit India?

I've added a new section to my blog to highlight the people that have or plan to visit India while I'm here! This past weekend, I had the pleasure to welcome Kevin and Shawn to Delhi and I have a really bad photo taken by our driver to prove it. Sure they weren't here to see me, but my presence in Delhi was an added bonus for them (and probably the highlight)! Delhi was the first leg in their two week trip throughout the country. I had grand plans to take them to a Thanksgiving Dinner that was being hosted in town, but those plans fell through. While it was my second Thanksgiving without turkey and stuffing, my dad has promised to make a mini-Thanksgiving meal when I visit home next week. And fortunately for me, Kevin and Shawn's visit gave me an excuse to visit two of the best restaurants in town, Shalom and Bukhara. And Kevin got his name painted on a grain of rice. Probably highlight #2 (remember, I'm #1).

As for future visitors, Mike already has a plane ticket for March and I just need to get Laura's ticket for her January visit. Jen Smalheiser is also on board for a March trip and Joey and Jarret are planning to come in February (and will hopefully buy their tickets soon). Jen just booked her ticket, so she gets to move up on the list! Nyla and Hosmer have claimed that they want to come, but I think little progress has been made. Girls - You better get moving!

In any case, I hope that everyone will consider a trip to India whether it's when I'm here or not. My first 7 weeks have flown by, but they have been amazing and have offered me many wonderful sights, travels, experiences and friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to go. Perhaps someday it will happen.
PV