November 13, 2006

Computer Crisis!!

I'm just recovering from quite a scare involving my computer. It all started at the end of the day on Friday when it suddenly crashed. Sometimes it would work for a few minutes before crashing again, and sometimes it would sort of sputter and then promptly shut down.

While the idea of losing all of my work was quite frightening, the worst thought was how I would get through the weekend. My computer is my connection to life back home. Without email and Skype and I didn't know what I would do. But somehow, I managed. I borrowed a computer for a few hours on Saturday to update my blog and photos and send a few emails. And then I did what the rest of the world does. I disconnected and kept myself entertained in other ways. What a concept.

And fortunately - the IT guy in my office was able to fix my computer, so I am up and running again!

No comments: