November 13, 2006

My 15 Minutes of Fame

I managed to have my photo in the Hindustan Times today. Louise called at 7:45am to tell me. It must have been something about all of the great work I'm doing here in India, right? No, it was a photo of me at a party I went to on Friday night! My photo appears along side those of a famous cricketer, a local entrepreneur, and the DJ from the party. What nice company.

In the office this morning, I was telling a colleague about it and a woman leaned over and said 'Page 3, right?' And literally, as I was writing this entry, another guy came up to me and introduced himself after seeing the photo in the paper.


But Page 3 seems to be a big deal here. I'm really quite amazed (and embarrassed) at how many people actually read every page of the paper. I suspect that if I made Page 3 of the Style section of the Washington Post, most people would not notice.

In any case, here's the link to the Jungle Party story in case you want to read all about it.

(And the reference to the Abhishek Bachchan hairband...Abishek is the son of Amitabh Bachchan, one of the country's biggest Bollywood stars. Just last week there was a photo in the paper of Abhishek wearing one of these hairbands and now they are all the rage).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's nice to see that you are making friends... and by "making friends" I mean making-out-with-male-models-in-color-photos-in-the-tabloids-gossip-column!!! Got tired of the DJ booth, did we?? Next we'll be seeing you on Page Six...

~joey

Anonymous said...

did you get a whistle?

- Chimer

Traveling Hoya said...

No whistles. He is not a dj.