April 26, 2007

Final Tally of My India Checklist

I love checklists and when I first arrived in India, Louise and I put together lists of things that we wanted to see/do/experience while there. Over the past 6 months, I checked off most of these items. Here's my final report:

Go to an Indian Wedding - Done. I went to an awesome Indian wedding in a sari in November. Definitely one of the highlights.

Get henna on my hands - Nope. I never got around to this and then when I remembered last week, it was too late. I was a bit worried that the henna would remain on my hands too long and wouldn't impress Mrs. Kondor at Diane's upcoming wedding. Next time I will make sure to get this done.

Travel to Goa - Done. I actually did this twice. Once for a weekend with Louise and once for a week with Ani. Had a blast both times.

Ride on a cool animal - Done. I rode on a camel in Jaipur when Joey and Jarret were in town.

Learn basic Hindi - Done. Although I still have a long way to go, I definitely made some progress in this area. I'm like a little kid though as I try to read aloud street signs every time I'm in the car. My friends and colleagues are very amused.

Visit the orphanage in Amritsar - Nope. I never had a chance to return to the orphanage, but at least I did get one trip in during my first weekend in India.

Travel to Kerala - Done. Spent a week in Kerala at the end of my time in India. Had a wonderful time there and I got to experience a very different India.

No comments: