April 8, 2007

Easter in India

I'm back in Delhi where the low temperature is twice the high temperature back in DC. I must admit that it was nice to escape the usually cold weather in the US. It’s now 4:30am and I can’t fall asleep. I was sleeping fine until my doorbell and my phone rang at 2:15am. See below for why.

My return flight was rather eventful and involved a delayed flight from DC, an airport change from Dulles to National, a sprint to my connecting flight at Newark, and missing bags upon arrival in Delhi. I boarded by 8:45pm flight at 8:44pm. I was thrilled that I made it, especially since I’d gotten off the plane when it was delayed in DC because I didn't think I would make the connection. I decided to take a chance and it paid off.

I wasn't surprised that my bags didn't make the flight since I barely did. But I was surprised when my bags appeared at my door at 2:15 in the morning. I still can't figure out how they made it to Delhi because the next flight from Newark wasn't scheduled until the following night. But I guess that doesn't really matter.

In any case, I’m really excited that my bag arrived because now I can dye Easter eggs in the morning. I know it’s a silly thing, but little things like this are important when you’re living away from home.

So, Happy Easter from half a world away!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter to you from the other half a world away.

Brooke said...

Happy Bunny Day Chan!!!

Unknown said...

Happy (belated) Easter, Chanda! Glad you made it home safely (despite the tight connection) and hope you have a great last week at work. I will talk to you before you leave for Kerala. HAVE FUN! :)