May 30, 2007

BBQ Time

The last Monday in May was Memorial Day, which marks the beginning of the summer in the US, and we celebrated the holiday the way everyone should. With good food, good beer and good friends. My dad is probably one of the world's best BBQ-ers and was more than willing to cook all day when my sister and I asked. Lucky for us and our friends, as my dad delighted us with a feast. The menu included fried turkey, ribs, fried catfish, Maryland crabs, grilled shrimp, and of course, burgers and hot dogs. And that only covers the meat!

The highlight for me and my sister was watching the uninitiated attempts to break open and eat the crabs. We've had years of training, so we are professionals now and it doesn't take long. But for a novice, it can take awhile and it can be a pretty gross experience. Most will complain that the amount of meat retrieved from the crab is nothing compared to the amount of effort it takes. In any case, Ani was quite a sport and sat down to pick his very own crab (after Laura and I gave him no other option).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Chuck Y. is not one of the world's best BBQ-ers...he IS the world's best BBQ-er, and anyone who has not had a chance to experience the gluttonous glory of a Yarborough BBQ is just missing out on life.

Oh yeah, don't forget to bring your own tupperware... :)