May 10, 2007

Day 6: Reston, VA

Today we had a lazy day in Reston. We hung out at my house for most of the day and then went to the Reston Town Center for a little shopping. We did have fabulous sandwiches and a milkshake at Potbelly for lunch. Yum.

This evening we treated my parents to a great Indian dinner. It was my first Indian meal since coming back to the US and it was much needed. We had butter chicken, lamb korma, dal makhani, naan and rice. And of course, we had gulab jamun for dessert. And to my surprise, both of my parents loved the meal.

I will definitely have to go back to the restaurant, Minerva, in the future. I'd never eaten there before, but I've always seen streams of Indians walking in. That's always a good sign.

Tomorrow we're finally going to do some sightseeing in DC. We'll probably hit the Lincoln and Jefferson Memorials and the Washington Monument. How I love being a tourist!

Next stop: Washington, DC

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There will be no naan on Saturday - only dirty water dogs and beer!!!