May 6, 2007

Day 1: Georgetown

Like all good Washington tours, our started in Georgetown. Actually, we didn't visit anywhere else (not yet). When I asked Ani if he wanted to go see Georgetown, he replied, "I guess so, since you talk about it so much." But I'm not the only one.

In any case, we spent the afternoon walking through the Georgetown campus. I pointed out all of the places where I used to live, went to class, ate, and everything else I did at Georgetown.

Then, we hit Wisconsin and M Streets for a little shopping. After stopping into several stores, Ani asked me, "Why do the salespeople keeping on asking how you are? Do you know them?" No, I replied, this is simply what they are trained to do.



Next, we hit the Georgetown Waterfront, which was packed on a sunny Friday afternoon. There we met up with Mike and his dad, and later Kelly, Katie, Liz and Ryan. We all enjoyed the sunshine before heading off to Matchbox with even more friends for a wonderful wood oven pizza dinner. All in all, a good start!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That picture of Ani and Healy is definitely a keeper...it really is fitting that Gtown is the first place he visited on his trip to the USA.