May 25, 2007

Pittsburgh Part 2

Last Saturday we headed up to Pittsburgh again for my sister's graduation from an Arts Management Masters program at Carnegie Mellon. This visit was different from our last in that it was longer and we weren't there to be tourists. Instead, it was filled with family and celebrations in honor of Laura. And this time we stayed at a hotel in downtown Pittsburgh since Laura's place was full of boxes and random pieces of furniture.

Here's a photo of the happy graduate with her new diploma to go alongside her one from MICA.


On Sunday night we had a big family dinner (Mom, Dad, Laura, Granddad, Aunt Louise, Uncle Calvin, Ani and me) at Buca di Beppo in Station Square. At dinner I ordered WAY too much food and spent nearly 1/3 of the bill on wine! I guess that's the last time my dad will put me in charge of ordering!

After dinner, Ani and I walked around the shops and restaurants at Station Square for a bit before heading back to our hotel. Monday morning we slept in and eventually made our way to Laura's apartment so we could eat leftover food and help her pack up her things. But, I smartly hit the road before the heavy loading started. All of my former roommates will attest to my general dislike for packing and moving.

No comments: