February 14, 2007

And it continues...

It's cold, rainy, windy and plain nasty in Delhi. In case anyone didn't believe me when I said it gets cold here, Joey and Jarret can now attest to this fact. This morning I awoke to the sound of a torrential downpour and it just made me want to stay in bed. It was so cold, rainy, windy and nasty outside that I had to dig out my rain jacket and umbrella from the bottom of my suitcase. They have been sitting there, untouched, since my arrival 4 months ago.

Today I also met my new Canadian Accenture/ADP/GSMA colleague, who will be working in Delhi for the next 6 months on a different GSMA project. I assured Neil that the weather isn't usually like this. But in a few months when it's 120 degrees here, he might be wishing it cold, rainy and nasty again.

Mike and Jen - I can't promise clear skies and sunshine for your visit in a month, but I truly hope it's better than the weather that has greeted Joey and Jarret. Fortunately, we are headed out of Delhi to Jaipur in a few days and the forecast looks relatively promising. Temperatures should be in the mid-70s and partly cloudy skies. Hopefully, this holds true and we can enjoy a little bit of sunshine this weekend. Cross your fingers.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's crazy that the weather is so bad! I hope you are all able to have a good time and see the sights. And I am sure y'all are having fun regardless.

Murph and Glennon are in the 'burg visiting tonight. We miss you!

Traveling Hoya said...

The weather in Delhi has improved immensely! It's still pretty chilly at night, but during the day, it's perfect. I'm sure it's MUCH better than the weather you are experiencing back home. Stay warm!