February 18, 2008

Veggies

One of the things I love about my apartment is it's promixity to the Defence Colony Market. Although the apartment could be better, its location is great. I’m close enough to the market that I can easily walk there, but not too close to be disturbed by all of the noise and traffic.

On weekends, I usually head to the market to pick up groceries. If I’m feeling particularly lazy, I will pick out my items and then have them delivered to the apartment a few minutes later.

I always stop by the same vegetable stand to pick up the Indian necessities - red onions, tomatoes and green chilies. It’s hard to make any Indian dish (I’m getting pretty good!) without these.

So here’s my collection of vegetables from this weekend. Only 30 rupees! That’s about 75 cents. Not bad for ½ kg of tomatoes, 100g of green chilies and 4 carrots. The cilantro was thrown in for free!



No comments: