February 24, 2008

Security?!?!?

Ani and I just returned from a few days in Goa. We took two flights and stayed in two different hotels, but our ids were only checked once, in the cheaper beach hotel in Goa. All of this in a country that claims to be under a constant security threat. All hotels are supposed to check ids for all guests. I'm not sure why, but this is more stringently enforced for foreigners. Doesn't seem that logical. And of course airports are supposed to be secure places, right?
zz
Last year when we went to Goa, Ani's ticket had the wrong last name. I don't think anyone even noticed that his name was not Sharma.
zz
Sure, I have to go through metal detectors at the movie theater and provide photo identification to set up a phone or tv connection, but no one bothers to match the name on my ticket with my passport?
zz
Craziness, I think. Anyways, Goa was lovely and I will write more about it when I have more time and once I've downloaded the photos from my camera. More to come.

No comments: