November 26, 2007

Tremors

Today I woke up around 4:30am to rumbling. Ani didn't move an itch, so I just assumed that I had been dreaming. I went to the bathroom, then hopped back in bed and fell asleep.

A few hours later, I was riding in the car to work and my colleagues where yapping away in Hindi. I finally asked what they were talking about and they said that there was an earthquake this morning!

Turns out it was relatively minor, only 4.3 magnitude, but a little scary nonetheless. Fortunately, reported damage is minimal, which is remarkable in a country with such shoddy infrastructure. I'm sure more stories will come out throughout the day, but for now, all is well.

And I'm happy to know that I'm not crazy and I really did feel something this morning.

Reuters India: Quake measuring 4.3 hits New Delhi, surrounding areas

No comments: