November 8, 2007

The First Day

My Mom and Dad arrived in Delhi late on Thursday night. By the time we were back to my apartment and ready for bed, it was already 4am. They were up early the next morning, which meant so was I. After breakfast, we set off for the start of sightseeing in Delhi. First we visited Humayun's Tombs, one of my favorite places in Delhi.

My actual favorite place is a huge interchange near my house. I love it for two reason. First, it is incredibly efficient, something you don't see every day in India. Second, among all of the on and off ramps are huge green spaces, another thing you don't see too often here. Ani and his family laughed at me everytime we pass through and they remark, "Oh, this is Chanda's favorite place in all of Delhi!" But it's true.


After touring Humayun's Tombs, we drove by Parliament, India Gate and the President's House. Our final stop of the afternoon was at Khan Market, where we enjoyed a little shopping and lunch before heading back to my apartment. By this time, the jet lag was setting in on my parents and I was exhausted from only having a few hours of sleep.
After resting, we got ready for the big event...The meeting of my family and Ani's family. You'll have to read the next entry to hear all about it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a great pic! So glad they made it safely, and that y'all are having fun. And I can't believe your favorite place in Delhi is the equivalent of an Indian "Mixing Bowl." You crack me up...