November 14, 2007

Oh yeah, this is India

Early today I was returning from my daily visit to the doctor by cycle rickshaw and we were got in an enormous traffic jam at the side entrance to my neighborhood. I soon noticed that there were two police officers trying their best to direct traffic and I thought to myself, how nice. Progress was slow, but things were moving.

Then I noticed a police vehicle that was also trying to get through the madness. Eventually, the car was able to pass and disappeared down the street. But then I noticed that the police officers also disappeared.

Apparently they were only there to help their car and not the numerous cars, trucks, motorbikes, bicycles and pedestrians that were also trying to maneuver through the intersection.

Oh yeah, this is India, every man for himself.

No comments: