September 15, 2007

Going Back to Delhi

After weeks (well months) of talk and speculation, I'm finally heading back to Delhi! I will be staying with my company and transferring to our Delhi office. There, I'll be working with our management consulting practice to develop and grow our capabilities in India. It's an exciting opportunity for me and I'm really looking forward to it.

Right now, I'm half way back to Delhi and sitting in the Amsterdam airport on a layover. After about 20 hours of travel, I should arrive in Delhi around 11pm. Then I'll have all day Sunday to sleep, adjust to the time difference and get settled in my apartment before starting work on Monday morning. There's nothing like hitting the ground running.

As you can imagine, I'm really excited to go back to India because Ani is there! But the job is interesting too and I'm thrilled that everything worked out. I'll be staying for at least 18 months, so I'll have time to put down some roots and I may even start to think of Delhi as home.

I'm sure part 2 of my Indian Adventure will be filled with excitement, frustration, new opportunities, challenges, adjustments to Indian ways, and fun! Nothing I can't handle.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love that you are already posting on your layover back to Delhi...glad you made it there safely! We miss you already...