September 23, 2007

Do You Know Your Blood Type?

I didn't either until the other day when I called my mom. I was in my new Accenture office filling out the paperwork work for a badge and access card and one of the lines on the form was for my blood type. I kind of laughed and said, "I don't know this." I was then told that I had to know and that I should go to the hospital next door and have a blood test done. My easier solution was to call my mom.

Every Indian I asked know could rattle off his/her blood type without hesitation. As it turns out, most companies and offices require a person's blood type to be listed on his/her badge. In case of an emergency, this information is readily available. I know in the U.S. it's not too difficult to determine someone's blood type if needed, but here, I figure if they want to make sure they have this information handy, just in case, that's fine with me.

And for the record, my blood type is A+.

No comments: