December 5, 2006

Leaving for the States

Today, after just shy of two months in India, I'm returning to the States for a short visit. I'm a sucker for big parties and I just can't bear the thought of missing the 9th Annual Christmas Extravaganza! So, I'm packing my bags (there are many at this point), checking out of my guest house and returning to DC for a week. Aside from the Christmas party and the early Christmas/Birthday/New Years celebration with family and friends, I get to go to Ray Lamontagne concert at the 9:30 Club on Monday! Very excited.

But I have to admit that I'm not quite ready to come home. I've only been here for two months and the novelty of living in India hasn't worn off yet. I think that after 3 or 4 months, I would be in much need of a break, but for now, I'm having a great time and don't really want to leave yet.

And my early trip home, means I will have to last from mid-December to mid-April without a break. Fortunately, I will be entertaining visitors throughout January, February and March, so that should give me a good dose of home.


In any case, I look forward to seeing many of you in the coming days and catching up on everything. See you soon!

No comments: