October 31, 2007

Charles and Wanda are coming!

My parents arrive in Delhi very late on Thursday night for their first trip to India. I'm not sure how excited they are, but I certainly am. We will spend the first few days in Delhi before heading on to Agra (to see the Taj Mahal) and Jaipur. After Jaipur, I'll return to Delhi, but they will continue on to Udaipur where they will stay in the fabulous Lake Palace Hotel. I'm already jealous because when I visited Udaipur, we only went to the Lake Palace for lunch...

And finally, my parents will return to Delhi just in time for Diwali, which is next Friday, November 9th. Everyone I've about their visit immediately replied, "What a wonderful, festive time to visit India." It's true. This is a great time to be in Delhi because the weather is mild, people are happy and there is excitement in the air. But it also means that more people are out and about on the roads and in the markets. And it means that firecrackers are constantly going off and scaring the crap out of me.

My parents will also meet Ani's family for the first time. In addition to celebrating Diwali with them, next Saturday is also Ani's father's birthday, so I am sure there will be a family gathering for that.

All in all, the next few weeks will be very busy - between my parents visit and the holiday, but it should also prove to be an exciting time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So glad Chuck & Wanda are coming to visit! Have fun!!!